Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Himalayan Town I Grew Up In


As I have told you earlier, I grew up in Nainital - foot hills of the Himalays (click here to find out some more details about me and my passion).  I am really happy to share some images from this lovely town.  These were taken by a friend who lives in Nainital, an avid and felicitated photographer (Nominated as Photographer of the PhotoFest). Enjoy on!

Nainital was founded about 150 years back.  It was always known for its lovely weather and natural beauty.  The town has hills surrounding a pear shaped lake from all four sides with a numerous flowers and birds adding to its natural beauty.  

I just love this teal winged bird.  Isn't she lovely!


Its such a special feeling when you live above the clouds.  Often the clouds would enter our classrooms and we could barely see each other.

Here are some pictures of the school I went to.  They are some of the best schools in the country and have a history of over 100 years.

We just need a big snowman in the backyard!  This is a gorgeous green garden with trees and flowers which my friend and his family bring to life each spring and summer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment