Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Re-energizing with Yoga and Weekend Get Aways

Last few days have been really hectic for me.  I have enjoyed being in the midst of all the professional and personal action. Thanks to the energy and peace that my morning Yoga gives me for the entire day.

 At Amore Beaute we just got featured in the New York magazine!  Yes, it is such a high and I enjoyed working with the media team to put it all together for the edition on fitness.  Grab one to see the yoga mat bags with messages and monograms.  Here it is -



Here are some more yoga mat bags that my omies and I just love.  I hope you like it as much.


On the personal front my daughter has had her Karate grading and a number of sports activities at school. To top it all my husband has been out of town for work and gosh I am so waiting for him to get back home. Once he is back I surely need a short get away to get myself recharged for some more exciting stuff at Amore Beaute. 

This reminds me of a lovely weekend get away my cousin Neyha had.  She is a young gorgeous girl who works at one of the top advertising firms in the world. Here is what she says about her favorite get away. 

Being a history buff, I just love going back in time and visiting the old forts and places that have become the much needed getaway option for us big city dwellersRecently, I visited this fort called ‘Dadikar’, in Rajasthan. A 2.5 hr drive from Delhi, it was a pleasant respite for my tired mind


Perched on a small hill, this fort is the brainchild of a farmer’s son, who found it in ruins and in just 5 years brought it back to its lost glory.

There are 17 rooms and it was fascinating to see how the owner tried to retain its old character. The fort overlooks green fields and a small village. I went there to escape the city hustle and bustle and boy was it a good idea. 

The hotel plays soulful music as you meander your way through the narrow lanes and staircase of the fort. But the bigger surprise for me was the foot tapping drum beats from the nearby village at night. A small but really enjoyable dose of the local folk music. While I stayed there for only a day this time, I am coming back soon for a longer trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment